Films inspire fashions. We’ve seen it time and time again at Sarab as we recently caught Selfridges launching an exclusive designer capsule collection Bello Mello to celebrate The Minions, a highly-anticipated Universal Pictures film, which hits theatres very soon.
Curated by Universal Partnerships & Licensing, the collection features limited edition apparel and accessories from UK-based designers Giles Deacon, Rupert Sanderson, Piers Atkinson, Tatty Devine and Criminal Damage. It also includes denim designs from SJYP, a new label out of South Korea, the cherry on top to the already-adorable yellow minions.
Designers behind the capsule collection include:
- Giles Deacon: contemporary womenswear, including shift dresses, T-shirt dresses and T-shirts
- Rupert Sanderson: modern Minions take on Malory, a best-selling pump. 100mm set-back heel, printed fabric.
- SJYP: premium unisex denim, including denim dungarees—the Minions’ uniform of choice—alongside denim shirts, jackets, pants, half pants and sweats. and Tees
- Piers Atkinson: headwear, including a mini-bowler, caps, a beanie and pom-pom headbands
- Tatty Devine: statement jewelry, including Perspex necklaces, highlighted by the signature Tatty Devine dinosaur necklace, now including an ‘Au Naturel’ Minion
- Criminal Damage: urban street mens and womenswear, in Tees and sweats
The Minions capsule debuts exclusively at Selfridges.com, in Selfridges London store, and Manchester. Prices for limited edition collection items range from £30 to £3,355.